Spry Dog is owned and managed by Shelley Pryor, a life-long animal lover and ardent rescuer. Shelley is President and a Lead Trainer at the Greater St. Louis Training Club, the area’s largest and oldest dog training club, and its only 100% force-free training club. She also is a volunteer educator at the Humane Society of Missouri, where she teaches hundreds of school children and at-risk youths each year about kindness, safety and responsible animal ownership. Shelley is a Director of Midwest Akita Rescue Society (MARS). She has rescued, rehabilitated, and rehomed dozens of Akitas – and provided guidance and support to many owners on behavior issues.
Shelley knows that too many pet animals are abandoned and surrendered to shelters simply because they lack basic household skills. She believes that most problems can be solved with good training and a better understanding between human and canine. Her goal is to assist owners in building better bonds with their pets.
- Karen Pryor Academy Certified Training Partner (KPA-CTP), with Distinction
- President and Trainer at Greater St. Louis Training Club
- Humane Educator at the Humane Society of Missouri
- Volunteer at Midwest Akita Rescue Society (MARS)
- AKC CGC Evaluator
- AKC Canine Ambassador
- Member, Association of Professional Dog Trainers (APDT)
- Member, Doggone Safe